My photo
Tennessee, United States

Sunday, March 28, 2010

2012

So I wrote this for an extra credit assignment in Spanish recently, and now I'm really thinking. Read it and tell me your opinions. (Don't fix anything, it's drafted and really rough, I know this) - Don't take it worth a grain of sand, just my babblings. I'm also one who thinks God killed off the Mayans for figuring out something they weren't suppose to. God is a Boss. lol.



2012

With recent popular belief that the world will end in 2012, more and more people create their own predictions of what may happen. Facts are scarce, but what we do know is the idea originated from the Mayan calendar that mysteriously ends on December 21, 2012.

In the movie 2012, the end of the world is depicted as it was in Biblical stories and destroyed by "a great flood." However, in the Bible, God promises after the flood that he will never again destroy the world by water. Also with the movie, came the idea that this all begins with earthquakes, which according to research on earthquake frequencies in the past few decades, is so real it is scary. There has been an almost constant incline of earthquakes every year, more frequently 6.0 and higher magnitude on the Richter scale.

In my opinion, I'm not sure the Mayan's calendar had anything to do with the end of the world. Granted, they were known for being mathematicians, but their civilization collapsed and they had to stop somewhere; Besides, according to picking up a cell phone and going to the end of the calendar on that idea means the world would in in 2100. It means nothing more than that's where it ended. I honestly think it is mere coincidence that recent events have happened and that people will grab onto whatever they can for answers. Although, with that being said, I do believe a "second coming" may not be so far off. The irony and coincidence is too much to ignore and is slowly making me more of a believer every day. 

My prediction however would be: If things were to advance as they did in the movie, or more realistically as they are now, I don't doubt something will knock the world off-kilter. I believe the next, and possible final destruction of the world will be a firey one in that we will orbit right into the sun. If I were to tie this all together, the Mayans based everything they did around the sun, so maybe they did know something we don't know yet. For instance, maybe it did end because there's suppose to be an eclipse of the sun that year where all the planets are suppose line up. That may affect the gravitational pulls of all the plants and actually may end up destroying our galaxy. Maybe nothing happens, I'm not sure, I don't know much about physics. One thing is for sure though. As I write this, there are 998 days left until December 21, 2012 and slowly, but surely, previous predictions both religiously and scientifically are lining up.

Honestly, I don't know what is in store for the world, and I'm still skeptical when it comes to the mainstream outlook on the Mayan calendar, but I do believe that something we will not be prepared for will happen within our lifetimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment