My photo
Tennessee, United States

Monday, July 26, 2010

Friend of a friend

So in analyzing my life, I want to start with foundations. Friendships are huge foundations for people and a huge support group next to families, so I'm going to blog about friends.

I have an eclectic group of friends. Some know eachother, some don't, some ask why the others. Some are into music, some into sports, some are going military, some do drugs, others are hardcore church goers, some are striving for excellence always, some are content with where they are. Regardless, friendship means a lot to me no matter where it's coming from and I have some of the best friends in the world.

In the past years I've lost, or grown further apart more rather, from a lot of people. Most of the people I knew in fact and it was for nearly 3 years. Just recently am I realizing the friendships that are still there, after years, we can pick up where we were. Surely, as you can imagine, not all of them lasted. But friendships with people in Colorado lets say. I hadn't seen them in about 5, nearly 6 years. When we talk it's like there'd been no time or distance. We all laugh just as we used to, can talk about anything and everything forever and I know I've got a good foundation of friends there.

People here that I've just drifted from, doors are opening back and we're just as tight as we were. We all weeded out dramaqueens and it's amazing :3 Ive made new friends, and more to come as I've noticed...

What's really striking me lately though is friendships that weren't ever really strong before that are now. I have a group, not all together, but a few friends that were more common acquaintances. I knew them, we'd talked a bit, but we were never tight. And lately I've found those few to be the ones that have my back at any given moment. Like, it's almost insane (in a good way).

I'm just really starting to be thankful for everything. It's kind of that point where you look back and are like "that really was just pure shit to go through" but then looking around it was worth it. A quote from a song by Stars that I'm really clicking with lately is "I'm not sorry I met you, I'm not sorry it's over." I'm not sorry I've met the people that are gone. I wouldn't be where I am or who I am today without them, but I'm more than ecstatic that they're now out of my life (And no that's not completely directed at just Andrew before you make an assumption).

I'm thankful though, and I love the friends, the true friends, I have. You guys amaze me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment